Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Jams



This last Memorial Day was a classic day to remember for a long time. To sum it all up, Motu Hawaii, Musubi, and King's Paddle Sports crews all met up at Cardiff for some good ol fun- sometimes with the sun. So the weather wasn't perfect, but it was summer enough for me! I rocked the spring suit all day long, so the water is super much warmer, cuz you know me....I get cold easy. Some photos for you......
Li Hing powder was a hit on the beach. We gave the powder to some peeps and the next thing you know it's on everything and people are salivating all over the place. My favorite was li hing watermelon, and the grapefruit shown here wasn't so bad either. Slrrrrrrrp!
Just a classic photo of the Cardiff board selection: Longboards, Shortboards, Fishes, and SUP Boards. I tried SUP for the first time, but I didn't paddle out in the surf though. I paddled under the bridge to the backside of Cardiff where the water is nice, calm, and a bit stinky. Regardless of the water quality, SUP is a bunch of fun and an even better workout. My legs, arms, and abs were gettin worked. It felt great!
From morning until night, the ukuleles never stopped being played. There was always one, or two, or ten people strumming away, playing as many songs as we could play until we had to start over with the same songs again. (Drop Baby Drop is now black listed because it's been overplayed!) Some of the Cardiff guys were so hard core, they brought out two mics, mic stands, and 4 amps and layed them out on the sand. Crazy yeah?